Decadent Chocolate Fudge Torte w/ Raspberries
Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries, thawed if frozen
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder (to taste)
- 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut, OR 6 tablespoons coconut butter
- Scant ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut nectar, honey, or maple syrup, add to taste. I like to replace 2 tablespoons of the sweetener with liquid stevia, about 12-16 drops!
- ¼ cup allowed dark chocolate melted w/ 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish
- First, make your own coconut butter if needed: Place the dried, unsweetened coconut in a food processor and process for about 7-10 minutes until a nut-butter consistency is reached. Periodically scrape down the sides. Please refer to my linked coconut butter post above for more detailed directions.
- When smooth, add in the remaining ingredients through the sweetener and process until uniformly smooth and mixed.
- Taste and add more sweetener if you like.
- Place into a greased loaf pan or two mini tart pans and place in the fridge to solidify.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with the melted chocolate and garnish with raspberries! Out of the fridge, this softens quickly, this is due to the coconut base. Coconut oil and coconut butter are solid at room temperature,but liquify when warmed. Coconut butter is the oil AND the coconut meat together, where the oil has the coconut solids removed.
Newcastle Personal Trainer