2 large sweet potatoes
8 slices bacon
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Peel and shred the two large sweet potatoes into an oven safe dish.
3. Squeeze excess moisture out with a paper towel and then place in the oven while you cook and slice your bacon, about 10 minutes or so.
4. Cook your bacon in a large pan.
5. Now cut your bacon into pieces as big or as small as you want and set aside.
6. On low-medium heat brown the onions.
7. Now turn the stove up to medium-high and add the shredded sweet potatoes to the onions already in the pan.
8. Next add your seasonings to the sweet potato shreds and onions and combine. Do a taste test and add more if desired. When you are happy with the taste of the spices, use a spatula to flatten out the sweet potato and onion mix into the pan and press down to make it as flat as you can. Let it sit for a few minutes until the bottoms are brown. Then mix again and repeat this process until the sweet potato becomes hash brown like and cooked through.
9. Once the hash is cooked and browned, toss in the bacon and combine. Transfer to a dish, garnish with avocado slices and enjoy!
Newcastle Personal Trainer